I offer expert writing and educational consulting services and in-depth, diverse knowledge of DC neighborhoods.
- M.A. from Teachers College, Columbia University and B.A. from The George Washington University
- Accomplished, attentive writer with expertise in hyper-local news and educational content
- Adept interviewer and meticulous researcher
- Versatile, efficient communicator
- Experienced editor
- High school English teacher for over 10 years
- Wrote more than 30 articles for Capital Community News on DC Public Schools, community stakeholders, neighborhood businesses, and local events
- Created original curriculum content for an online learning organization
- Working currently with students from elementary through high school age to help them strengthen their reading, writing, communication, and organization skills
What’s Happening to Our Public Schools?
Mount Vernon Triangle
Student Driven Learning
In an age when many schools feel pressured to teach to the test, Montessori and Reggio Emilia-inspired schools prove that child-centered classrooms and student-driven programs foster children’s creativity and curiosity, creating independent, self-confident thinkers.
The Process of Choosing a Middle School
By the time children are ready to leave behind the self-contained classrooms of elementary schools and venture into middle schools, each decision parents make has the potential to have a more profound, longer-lasting impact on their children.
Reporter“Ellen Boomer is an accomplished reporter who is hard working and attentive to detail.” – Andrew Lightman, Managing Editor, Capital Community News
Tutor“Ellen has helped my daughter become a stronger, more confident writer.” – Parent of a high school student
“Ellen consistently met her deliverable deadlines and exhibited extraordinary content knowledge. She always conducted herself with professionalism… It was a real pleasure to work with her.” –Erik Meuser, Manager of Secondary Development – Social Studies, Lincoln Learning Solutions